- Shifting Shadows (video)
Key Science Concepts
- Outside, the shape, size, and position of a shadow change over the course of the day as the sun’s position changes.
Before watching: Tell children that they will watch a video of children observing how shadows change.
After watching: Ask,
- Do the children’s experiments remind you of the activity you tried yesterday? How?
- What happened to the shadow on the playground?
- What did you notice about the tracing of the boy’s shadow? Describe how his shadow looked. How did he and his shadow look different?
- What have you noticed about how our shadows change outdoors?