- Marble Mover (video)
- Mama Zooms by Jane Cowen-Fletcher
- a ramp and a ball
Key Science Concepts
- When a rolling or sliding object hits an obstacle, it will stop or slow down and its direction may change.
Before you watch: Tell children that in this episode Peep has a hard time trying to roll a marble up a hill. Ask children to watch what Peep learns about rolling something up a hill.
After you watch: Ask:
- Why was it hard for Peep and Quack to move the marble up the hill?
- How did they solve their problem?
- Do you remember how Mama got up the hill in the book Mama Zooms? Show children the page in the book. Why do you think she needed help?
- Does this remind you of an activity in which you had to get a marble up a hill? (the roller coaster activities) How did you do it?