- plant materials children collected from yesterday’s Make a Collection activity
- construction paper
- glue or tape
- other art materials (optional)
Key Science Concepts
- Plants have different parts: roots, stems, leaves, and fruit.
Encourage children to use words about plants like stem, leaf, trunk, bark, branch, twig, root, seed, and flower and science process words like compare, contrast, and describe.
- Tell children they will make a collage using some of the things they collected outside yesterday.
- Give them their bags of collected materials. Have children use the art supplies to create their own nature collages.
Reflect and Share
Display and admire children’s collages. Ask, What parts of plants and trees did you use? What do you think is the most beautiful part of your collage? What do you like about it?