- Night Light (video)
Key Science Concepts
- You can make shadows with your body and other objects.
- Indoors, you can change the size of a shadow by moving your body or an object closer to or farther from the light.
Before watching: Tell children that they are going to watch a PEEP episode in which Peep and Quack discover a flashlight and use it to make shadows.
After watching: Ask,
- How did Peep and Quack make shadows with the flashlight?
- How did they change the size of their shadows? Did what they were doing remind you of any shadow activities you’ve done? Explain.
- Even though Peep is smaller than Quack, how was he able to make his shadow larger than Quack’s shadow?
- What do you think you could do to a shadow if you wanted to make it grow?