- three-page chart labeled “Our Ideas About Water”
Tell children that over the next three weeks they’ll be exploring water together. Ask children where they like to play with water:
- What do you like to do when you play in the bathtub or a puddle?
- Have you played at a pond or in a swimming pool? If so, what did you do?
- What toys do you like to use when you are playing in the water? What do you do with them? Why do you like them?
Remind children that everyone needs and uses water. We drink it, wash with it, swim in it, and more. Make a three-page chart called “Our Ideas About Water.” Label each page with one of these questions:
- What ideas do we have about water?
- Where do we find it?
- What can we do with it?
Ask children the questions and write children’s responses on the chart. If possible, draw a picture next to them. You’ll review the chart each day over the course of the week and into next week, adding new ideas.