- Outdoor Shadows (video)
Key Science Concepts
- A shadow is created by an object blocking the light.
- You can make shadows with your body and other objects.
- Shadows appear differently when they fall on different surfaces.
Before you watch: Tell children that you are going to watch a video of children exploring shadows outside, just like they have been doing.
After you watch: Ask,
- Do any of the shadows that the children in the video saw remind you of shadows you’ve seen? What did they remind you of?
- Did the children’s shadows always look the same? Where did they look different? Can you describe why you think their shadows looked different?