- ramp materials
- “toy sled” objects used the day before
Key Science Concepts
- Objects that slide are more likely to move on steeper inclines, and both rolling and sliding objects move faster down steeper inclines.
Tell children they will create snowy hills like the ones they saw in today’s book and yesterday’s PEEP video.
- Ask children to make two ramps. These will be the snowy hills:
- One hill should be steep.
- The other hill should have gentler, flatter slope.
- Have children send toy sleds of their choice down each slope. Ask them what they notice about how the sled goes down the steeper slope and the less steep slope.