- Sinking Ships (video)
Key Science Concepts
- Objects behave differently in water. Some float; some don’t.
- If you add enough weight to a floating object, it will sink.
Before you watch: Tell children that they’ll watch a video about children making boats.
After you watch: Ask:
- Did this video remind you of the boats you made yesterday? What did the children do that was similar to what you did?
- What were some of the ways the children made their boats sink?
- The boy said “My boat will never sink.” Why does he think that?
- Can anyone explain what a submarine is? How did the girl make a submarine?
Optional: Show the video a second time. Ask children what else they notice this time around.