Bring over the water globes children made this morning. Ask:
- Did the same things float and sink each time you flipped over the bottle? What about when you shook it up?
- What things took longer to sink? Why do you think that’s so?
- What did you think was the most interesting thing to watch in the bottle?
Look at the photos/video from the guided activity, Gently Down the Stream. Ask:
- What kinds of things didn’t float down your stream?
- What things floated down it easily?
- Was the stream you created deep or shallow?
- Did some things get stuck as they began to float? Why do you think that happened? Was there something you could do to make the object float again?