In random order, display the photos taken earlier today during Me and My Shadow. Have children match the photos of themselves with the photos of their shadows. Ask,
- How do you know that’s your shadow?
- What’s the same about you and your shadow? What is different? (This could be done using a Venn Diagram!)
Then display the photos from the Shadow Walk. Ask,
- Which shadows did you see today? Where did you find them? What things made them?
- Which were the largest shadows you saw? What made them? What about the smallest shadows?
- Which were some of the more unusual shadows you saw? What made them unusual?
Review the “Our Ideas About Shadows” chart and add any new ideas children might have as a result of your discussion.
Later, hang the photos of children and their matching shadows in the Shadow Museum, and display the photos from the Shadow Walk there.