- other colorful recyclables (cereal boxes, bags, gift wrap)
- white poster board or large piece of construction paper
Key Science Concepts
- There are many different colors.
- A single color can have different shades, from very light to very dark.
Tell children you are going to make a collage together, using different shades of green.
- Have children look through the magazines, each cutting out one object that is green.
- Have children glue their green objects to the poster board. Offer help as needed with cutting and gluing.
Reflect and Share
Ask each child to describe their green object and to compare it to the other greens in the collage. Ask, Is your green a lighter green than some of the other greens? Which ones? Is it a darker green than some of the others? Are some of them more yellowish? Are some more blue-ish? Which ones? Have the group decide which is the lightest green in the collage and which is the darkest. Label them lightest and darkest.