- A Cool Drink of Water by Barbara Kerley
Key Science Concepts
- Water takes the shape of its container.
- You can use lots of different objects to move water.
Before you read: Show children the cover, and read the title and author’s name. Ask them what they think the boy on the cover is doing.
After you read: Flip through the pages and ask:
- What do you use when you need to get some water?
- What are some of the different containers and tools people in the book use to get water? How are they same? How are they different?
- What are some of the different ways you saw people get water to drink?
- Can you think of some times when you’ve been really glad to have a cool drink of water? Tell us about it.
- What kinds of things do you like drinking out of?
Review the “Our Ideas About Water” chart and add any new ideas about what we use water for and where we find it.