- sheets of chart paper with large drawings of the letters X, T, and Y
Key Science Concepts
- You can change the shape of a shadow by moving and turning your body or the object making the shadow or by moving the light source.
- You can make shadows with your body and other objects.
Tell children that they will make different letters with their shadows.
- Bring children outside and have them find their shadows.
- Show children the letters you have drawn on the chart paper and ask them to identify them.
- Challenge children to make these letters using their own shadows. Ask children to describe what they did with their bodies to make these shapes.
- Take photos of the shadow letters to display in the Shadow Museum.