- cardboard ramp (preferably a wide one)
- bottle tops, small pieces of cardboard, metal lids, and other objects to make toy sleds
Key Science Concepts
- An object placed on a ramp will roll, slide, or stay put.
- The shape of an object affects whether it will roll or slide or stay put.
Tell children that they will make toy sleds like Chirp and Peep did in the video. Then they’ll send them sliding down a hill.
- Offer children a choice of “sleds” and have them send them down the ramp.
- Ask children to search around the room for other objects that might work as a toy sled.