- The Whatchamacallit (video)
Key Science Concepts
- A ramp is a surface with one end higher than the other.
- An object placed on a ramp will roll, slide, or stay put.
Before you watch: Tell children that yesterday they explored some of the fun things to do on a slide. In this PEEP episode, Peep, Chirp, and Quack discover an old gutter that works like a slide. Ask children to watch for the different things the characters discover about sliding.
After you watch: Ask children,
- Have you ever tried walking up a slide like Peep, Quack, and Chirp? Is it easier to go up a slide or down a slide? Why do think that is so?
- Why do you think Peep and Chirp couldn’t slide when the gutter was flat on the ground?
- What did Raccoon do to help them slide?
- How did Raccoon make Peep and Chirp go even faster on the slide?