- Peep Plants a Seed (video)
Key Science Concepts
- There are many different types of plants and seeds.
- Plants need water and light to grow.
Before you watch: Ask children,
- What’s your favorite kind of flower?
- Have you ever seen a sunflower?
- Can you describe what they look like?
- What do you think you need to do to grow a sunflower?
Tell them that in this episode, Peep is going to grow a sunflower from a sunflower seed. Say, Let’s see what Peep needs to do to grow a sunflower.
After you watch: Ask children,
- Can you describe what Peep did to grow his sunflower? How was this similar to what you did yesterday, when you planted your bean seeds?
- How long did Peep have to wait for the sunflower to grow? Why was waiting so hard for Peep? Peep was patient—can you explain what that means? Can you give me an example of when you have been patient?
- What about your bean seeds—how long do you think it will take for them to grow? Do you think you’ll be able to wait patiently while they grow?