- markers and crayons
- plantings from the first week
- water spray bottles
- Plant Journals
- “Our Plants” chart
- magnifying glasses (several learning centers use magnifying glasses—include two or three at each or choose a central location to store them)
Last week children planted beans, grass, and green onion bulbs. This week children can continue to:
- Water the plants with the spray bottle. Have each child water his or her own plant. Caution them against overwatering.
- Observe and record plant growth in their Plant Journals by drawing pictures at least once a week. Help children label their pictures and record the number of days that each plant has been growing.
- Take daily photos of the plants to add to the “Our Plants” chart.
In addition, this week children can:
- Replant. If seeds in theags have sprouted and grown roots, you might suggest to children that they plant them in soil to help them grow larger. Assist children as they replant the beans and grass.
- Observe the results from their experiments. Children can check on their two experiments—Plant Needs: Sunlight and Plant Needs: Water.